Monday, February 24, 2014

eye test....

akimberlydesign.blogspot.com
Not so precise to my eye, more free form.
'Around Monday'©
akimberlydesign.blogspot.com
Precise....almost an exact cut out from 
the original rectangular design.
'Around Monday'©
akimberlydesign.blogspot.com

Original piece from 2009...
I drew this right before my daughters wedding...she and I spent a wonderful week hobnobbing around Columbus, Ohio before the big day.  We also sat around watching movies in the hotel while I played with my Prisma pencils.  I forget how many different colorways I did of this piece that week.  She used them for thank you notes.  
akimberlydesign.blogspot.com
One of the original cards.
You've seen this piece many times...it was my banner along the top of this blog for a long time in stitched form.  Its also an inset in my Weekender bag from Lee's Needle Art.  [aka nylon tote]

akimberlydesign.blogspot.com
'Monday'
[because I drew it on a Monday....]
So back to the top...which do you like best...precise or free form?? I'm not sure now that I have both painted.  It is possible to make oneself go in circles.  

10 comments:

  1. Hmm, I don't think I can choose one I like best - both are lovely. Love the original card too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so far the free form is winning :-)

      Delete
  2. I like the free-form one, though both are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara Leigh! You can tell from the comments on FB that free form is winning out :-)

      Delete
  3. I like the free form one better, too. It seems like it would needlepoint better, with fewer parts of color that are only 1 stitch wide.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm often the one who marches to a different drum. I like the precise. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...usually but the free form talks to me this time. I like hearing what others feel though, each person will see it differently...even when they agree. Often it will be for different reasons.

      Delete
  5. Free Form works for me this time. WHo knows what another pattern would do.

    JHM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is the way of it, perspective is different always.

      Delete

Thank you for popping in.
Have a great day,
Kimberly