Saturday, February 22, 2014

Around...Monday...

akimberlydesign.blogspot.com
Keeping track of my marbles...
at least three of them.
It's been said that artists are flighty...
I don't totally agree, my theory,
different focus.
Sometimes the focus is very single minded.

"Not all those who wander are lost."
J.R.R. Tolkien




It's a process...this is my second attempt to turn a rectangular design into a circular one.

akimberlydesign.blogspot.com

Not there just yet...
'Around Monday'
a Kimberly design©

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Of course, there is a short story. Google took my 'Monday' art piece and cut out a circle for my Google Chrome header. It looked so cool, just had to try it out on canvas. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I like your marbles and that pallette! I'll be interested in seeing how your design works out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had those hidden in backstock where I work, like buried treasure to this one. I'll post the finished painting on FB today...it's the Monday piece in the round. See above comment for 'the rest of the story' 😏

      Delete
  3. Are you trying for a circular design on a flat surface or a truely round like the earth design? I love the marbles, reminds me of some art deco pieces.

    Jackie
    http://needleworkerssamplings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie,
      Circular on flat, fini! The problem I had was in getting enough of the design within a 5" circle to satisfy my eye. And of course, duplicate the repeat I had going in the rectangular piece. A lot of counting.
      Love my marbles too, I still have my bag from when I was a kid, although, these are much cooler! My old 'steely' is not so shiny anymore. Funny what we hang onto from childhood.

      Delete

Thank you for popping in.
Have a great day,
Kimberly