Saturday, December 14, 2013

Finally! The secret is out!!


As most of you have heard...Ruth Schmuff and I have rejoined forces!  Our friendship and love of design has kept us connected over the years.  
Today it was announced that Ruth is the official distributor of my painted canvas designs.  I could not be happier, I've had a super big smile plastered across my face all day.  
Below are three of the smaller pieces from this first collection of designs, stitched for your perusal.  The guides are in progress and will soon be uploaded at the 'speed of cyberspace' to Ruth.   The world has changed in big ways over the past 'few' years!
 
akimberlydesign.blogspot.com
'Austintatious Peacock'
a Kimberly design©
akimberlydesign.blogspot.com
'Camel Flowers'
a Kimberly design©

You've seen close up 'glimpses' of both of these top two designs presented here on this blog in the past few months.  Both of these pieces happened because of friends requests and both for another named Kim!  The peacock was for a secret Santa ornament for her, she loves Peacocks.  The Camel Flowers...well, long story short, can you see these flowers as saddles on two very plain camels that needed some dressing up.  As I painted the saddles on the 'plain camels' backs...I saw flowers.  Then I remembered a flower doodle....and so it goes in my head some times.  

akimberlydesign.blogspot.com
'Mondays'
a Kimberly design©

So I needed a car project, this was some original card art I did a few years ago.  I happen to love basket weave and I love working it with beautiful fine wools or silk single strand, no fuss...no muss. Very zen.
The bag is a weekender from Lee...and this one has traveled beautifully.

Please visit Ruth's website here to see my other designs in this first release collection.  There are more designs already coming together to add very soon.  For now, I need to write stitch guides!  





8 comments:

  1. love the designs, love the stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling. Glad you are back in the saddle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From you that should be spelled Dah'lin, how are all the Texas SWAN's doing? A swan known to you will be in the next collection :-)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous work Kimberly..love them all..Congrats..!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin! Some day we need to meet...we've been internet buddies for a very long time!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! You are one talented lady! ;-)
    Happy Holidays to you……….Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You Sarah! Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping in.
Have a great day,
Kimberly