Sunday, February 3, 2013

So...an obstacle in my path...

This is what happens in my head when I can't find a fabric to back a piece....

Top center is Kelly Clark in my colors...that is the front of my new purse.
The back or maybe the front on some days...is moi.
Can't find a fabric that talks to me...I make my own :-)
I have thoroughly enjoyed stitching these pieces.  Thank you to Kelly for getting this project started.  Mostly, I used Vineyard Merino Wool, which I love.  I did pop in some of their Vineyard Classic Silk for a little shine here and there.  I love Vineyard Classic Chocolate, of course, it's dark chocolate in my book.  

Now to re teach myself the Kumihimo cord making for the strap.  If you recall in an earlier blog...I'd been exploring fabric shops in Austin and came up with the below fabrics...decision made now...going with the beautiful jade green piece.  Strap will be chocolate brown.  I can't wait to have it all put together!

Kelly Clark purse design, a blast in basketweave!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it all finished, Kim. Love the colors and the design. You were clever to create you own for the back. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah...I spent this evening making the Kumihimo braided cord for the strap...my hands are aching from it! So worth it as it looks very cool.
    Hope all is going very well for you.
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping in.
Have a great day,
Kimberly