Sunday, January 3, 2010

Time to Un-Deck the halls....


Wouldn't it be wonderful to have your own personal 'Elf' to help out some days.  Even better, wouldn't it be grand to have the energy to do it all yourself!  Today I crawled out of bed late, thinking about the fact that my break is almost at an end.  It's been marvelous, I have accomplished a lot and helped Brad out too, so I played his 'Elf' for a bit.  Will tell you that I lost track of how many holes I drilled in Ceiling Train parts or how much I'm missing the bit of skin off a finger due to learning that hot glue, no matter how much it hurts should be left on the finger until cooled.  So, ha!, I learned something new as well. 
I drew my help above, isn't she sweet?  Life is grand and the tree is smallish, won't take long to put all back in their boxes.  Then up in the attic for another year.  I think most of the fun in this is opening that box of ornaments to rediscover each holiday season. 
Happy New Year Everyone, you have the power to make it magical. 


5 comments:

  1. Ouch to the hot glue and finger!!! LOVE the tree. Happy New Year to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun meeting you today too and thank so much for dropping by my blog. Your style is whimsical and sophisticated and I just love your work!! I've started stitching on my pattern already. Thanks for all your help today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our tree and all decorations are history for another year as well. Over 8" of snow on the ground, a Sunday evening at home and a roaring fire with my hubby. Life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Avery and I put all away last Sunday. Good thing as Monday night we all came down with the flu. It was a rough week here, we're all healthy now.
    No snow here, thank goodness but it sure is cold. We've had a fire going as well, chasing away the chill. Take care, k

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I dread "un-decking". I did it last weekend, and I had to get used to how bare my house looks without all the pretty twinkles everywhere...I learned about the hot glue thing a while back...ouch! I love your little drawing, and your signature box drawing too! :) Hugs, Paulette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping in.
Have a great day,
Kimberly