Saturday, June 7, 2014

what made my day...

akimberlydesign.blogspot.com

Actually, many little minute pauses to appreciate is what always does it for me.  The hard part is the remembering to take the pauses.  
Quick conversations with customers in the shop where I work, people whom I've never met can be treasures to chat up.  It's the getting to know little bits of people that come through my days.  

Seems in order to truly appreciate the treasures, one must also embrace some sadness too.  A sweet friend lost her soul mate, another fights a battle with health.  [I don't much like this part]

So when I pull into home at the end of the day and there are a ton more blooms on my Frangipani I have to smile and drop all to take a picture.  To look even more closely at the amazing shading nature puts out there for me to take in.  

Of course, one must not forget my beautiful family and our newest little member.  My daughter found a quote that I'm going to repeat here...she's discovering how amazing being a new mommy is and I love being the watcher of this new life unfolding before us.

http://abroadtale.weebly.com/daily-life~Nothing can truly prepare you for all that comes with having an infant.  The immediate connection is indescribable, but the best description I've read is from Elizabeth Stone who said that "Making the decision to have a child - it is momentous.  It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." [excerpt from my daughters blog, Emma is already one month old here]

akimberlydesign.blogspot.com
What makes me love baby piggies!?
akimberlydesign.blogspot.com
Look at all that color!
I love the branch, the color contrast from leaf to stem to branch.
Pretty amazing.

4 comments:

  1. How do we get the biscornu designs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarita,
      I sent you a private message via FB, email me for more info akimberlydesign@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. Wonderful post. This post made me smile. Thanks for the reminder.
    Ren

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping in.
Have a great day,
Kimberly