Saturday, April 11, 2009

Peace....


It's so quiet here this a.m. except for my tapping on this computer....I had an ahhh moment last night...I finished a project! I love to 'paint' with thread, develop stitches and see colors come together on a canvas as I design a piece but sometimes...I actually 'paint' the canvas and proceed to stitch over it. This Peace sign was originally a custom piece...two years later I decided I needed one for myself. I'm hoping to make it into a tote bag for myself. The scan above doesn't do it justice...there are little peace signs all over it! You can zoom in...you might be able to see them better. Have a great week! Peace, Kimberly

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous - as are all your needlepoint designs. Only you could make the peace sign look elegant and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It would look amazing on a tote bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I really wanted to stop by a fabric shop on my way home from work but ran out of time. The delay gave me an idea though...might take some of Brad's drop cloth fabric and tie-dye it. Perfect weight and will take the dye well....and free! Have a great weekend! k

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, Kimberly!

    Wanted to thank you for taking the time to read my article and leave a comment on my blog! I so appreciate that!

    Happy Creating!

    Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too Michelle...I can't wait to get it totally finished.
    I am thrilled to read and leave a comment. I can't always leave comments...they don't seem to take....when it's like this on a separate page, no problem...but if block is on page of post...nada. Sorry...more info than you need but this is bugging me today. Left 2 or 3 posts that I know did not stick...know I'm doing it right...grrumbles. Have a great week! k

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping in.
Have a great day,
Kimberly